Before Contracting For Stud Service
The minimum considerations which must be addressed before a Stud Service Contract can be completed are listed
below. Please fill out this form completely and transmit it to us prior to any discussion of contracting for the services
of one of our stud dogs.
1. Health clearances:
OFA or PennHip: grade and
number (if PennHip, please email, fax, or send a photocopy of the form). Note: It
is not necessary that your female pass OFA or PennHip, it is just necessary that we know your females hip score to help us
determine if our stud dog is appropriate for your use.
Other Health Clearance Results:
2. Your detailed plans for the placement of puppies:
many do you intend to keep?
How many have you taken reservations for?
do you plan to find homes for the remainder?
Send a copy of the contract
and questionnaire you use for prospective puppy buyers (If you do not have one, you are more than welcome to use mine,
or a variation of it).
3. Describe your arrangements for a whelping area.
are your fencing/kenneling arrangements?
What arrangements do you have
to house and care for those puppies for which you cannot find homes?
4. Briefly describe your prior whelping experience; how many litters in total have you whelped?
many litters has this bitch had previously?
How many breeding attempts
have been made with this bitch?
5. What show, trial, training, etc. experience has this bitch had?
What is her record at these events?
titles has she earned?
6. This bitch needs to be evaluated for breeding quality. Photos or a video should be sent right away,
and a personal examination must be set up to determine this. State below what arrangements for such an evaluation you are
prepared to make.
7. What form of positive identification does the bitch carry? (Microchip or tattoo)
is the number?
If a chip, which kind?
is the location of this identification?
8. Enclose a copy of the bitch's registration, pedigree, and if an import, the export pedigree of the
country of origin.
9. Enclose a copy of the bitch's veterinary records, including current vaccinations and dates, parasite
examination results and date, medications currently being administered, medications administered within the past year, and
any existing medical conditions. State any congenital medical problems which have been diagnosed.
When these materials have arrived, you can call to talk to me regarding the stud dog you prefer to use, his
stud fee, travel arrangements or semen shipping arrangements, and any other matters which seem unclear.
Contact info: phone, fax, address, email