be completely honest in your answers. The questionnaire is to help match you up with the puppy who will best fit your needs,
it is NOT an interrogation. If you’ve previously given up a dog for barking issues, I do not want to place a vocal pup
with you. This questionnaire will help me get to know you better & will help make sure that my pups go to the appropriate
homes for them. Please email the answers to me at: email@example.com please also include your phone number in
the email so I can call you with any questions. You may also call me with any questions as well (if you don’t already
have my #, email me & I’ll gladly give it to you.)
How many dogs & what kind of dogs
do you have right now? Ages and sexes?
2. Do your current dogs have any behavioral issues?
3. Please tell me about all the dogs you and your spouse have had
– even childhood dogs.
4. Do you have any other pets? Cats/birds/horses/etc.
5. Why are you interested in one of my pups -- what experience do
you have with Dogo Argentino? How many adult dogos have you met? Have you met any of my previous pups before?
6. What sort of experience do you have in training puppies -- what
methods do you use?
7. Tell me how you discipline your dogs.
8. Where will the dog live at your house? Where will he/she sleep?
9. Do you plan on crate training?
10. What personality characteristics do you like in a dog?
11. What personality characteristics do you not
like in a dog?
12. Who will interact with the dog at your house -- will kids play with the dog?
13. How do other people describe your personality?
14. How would you describe the personality of the people who will be handling the
dog at your house?
15. Do you own your home?
16. Years at current residence:
17. If less than 1 year,
18. Do you live in a house/condo/townhouse/trailer/apartment/other?
19. What type of fencing do you have? How tall?
20. Do you have an HOA?
21. Is there any BSL restrictions in your city/county/state?
22. What are the names & ages of everyone living in your household?
23. Do they all want to add a Dogo to the household?
24. Is anyone in your household currently pregnant, or planning on becoming pregnant
within the next year?
25. Is everyone in the home willing to take part in raising, caring for & cleaning
up after the puppy?
26. Is your family a “military family” ? What are your chances of being
27. Does your job require extensive travel? If yes, what are the plans for your
dog while you are away?
28. Have you ever had to re-home a dog? When? Why? What Breed/age/sex?
29. Have you ever turned a dog over to a rescue organization or shelter? When? Why?
30. Are you planning on adding any additional pets to your home? Species/breed/sex
31. Do you do canine rescue work? With which organization, or individual? How long
have you done rescue work for?
32. What titles, if any, do you plan on trying to achieve with your pup (there have
been no dogos in the US w/performance titles since the 90s. I would like to urge all dogo owners to
attempt at least one performance sport, even if only for one season)?
If I do not have the puppy to fit your needs, I am more than willing
to help direct you to another breeder who may have what you are looking for. When
looking for a breeder, please look for one who has the same ideals and goals that you have. Don’t be shy about asking
me as many, or more, questions than I have asked of you. You are about to add a new family member – kind of like a marriage
– make sure that the decision is right for your family.